Saturday, May 28, 2011

re: Winning

One of the things I decided to do this year was enter more contests.

It just seems like there is a lot of stuff that people are giving away for free out there, and that if I put myself out there and ask for it, maybe I'll be able to get my hands on some of it. I've entered a few sweepstakes here and there, but then a contest caught my eye last week that I actually wanted to win: a Vespa!

Unfortunately, these guys have been giving away a Vespa a week for the last 9 weeks, and I only found out about the contest during the last week to enter. I sized up my competition, figured I still had a chance, and got a crack team of photo stylists and art directors to come make our entry the most awesome it could be. The rules stated that you needed to take a photo inside of a Vespa dealership, wearing a helmet, and that creativity definitely counted. This is what we came up with:

Picture Yourself on a Vespa:


The sad thing is, there is no way I'm going to win. In the last few days, some new entries showed up, so now I'm up against some like these:


But maybe our photoshoot is worth it just to have pictures like these:

2 comments:

Alice said...

On my "List of Things to do before I die" that I made in HS, i have "Win contest." So far this hasn't happened.

bex said...

When you finally win one, I hope it is something big, then.