Thursday, December 4, 2008

re: Fantasies


For every "you be the stable boy, I be the milk maid" fantasy that I might entertain, I probably have at least three much more boring (but strangely satisfying) fantasies where the past men in my life that have somehow wronged me come back to me to apologize, telling me how wrong they were and how they still think about me. Lamenting that they ever let me go! What fools they were to think that they were ever going to find anything better out there! (Usually at this point I also imagine them on their contrite knees, faces twisted into a grimace that can only be caused by the unimaginable pain my absence in their life has caused them).

Usually this is the song that is playing in the background.

And then, in response to that (at least in my fantasy) Beyonce and I put on our french cut leotards and do a punching dance while running around in a circle together.

Probably this is the song that is playing in the background.

At least my fantasies have good soundtracks.

14 comments:

michelle said...

Amen! I totally listened to that Pet Shop Boys song on repeat forever wishing an ex would come to his senses...

Dumb boys.

jordan said...

Beyonce is the best.

Me said...

Um, I haven't I pretty much done this? I mean without the song... but give me some credit.

robin marie said...

ha! i love that you get to do a punching dance with beyonce... in a leotard! nice fantasy work.

Britt said...

Wow, I have yet to incorporate music into my fantasies. I must work on that.

Right now I mostly have dreams where past men I know try to win me back and kiss me. Sometimes they are celebrities, although I would like to inform you that Ashton Kutcher is a bad kisser. Really bad kisser.

bex said...

Yes, Kirk. And I love you for it. And when I reimagine it in my mind, you now know what song is playing in the background.

Britt - the Ashton thing is no surprise.

Anonymous said...

I was wrong. I still think of you. Forgive me.....take me back! Please!!!!

m-l-e said...

Funny in my fantasies, the song isn't playing, but they guy always dances like Beyonce

Anonymous said...

best.blog.post.evar.

Anonymous said...

is it creepy that my groveling ex fantasy involves him weeping over my dead, lifeless (think juliet) body (at my fake funeral, no less) and confessing that he never got over me to the tune of "baby come back"?

Ems said...

ms bex you should know that once a long time ago katie and decided that you are the best one we mormon girls have to offer. it's just a fact. so yeah...this fantasy sounds spot on.

tretorntheswede said...

i'm a little bit relieved to hear that i am not the only one who has "i was SO WRONG and i am SO SORRY" fantasies!!! especially because hello, the guy that says goodbye to you is out of his mind.

april said...

This happened to me once. I had hoped for it a long time but when it actually happened it was heartbreaking. Some Pet Shop Boys in the background and you and Beyonce in the leotards would have made it so much better!

Alison said...

You are perfect. MARRY KIRK! Or Evan, or Blake?