Monday, October 24, 2011

re: Creative wrapping

This weekend our friend Clay turned another year older. Derek found the perfect gift for him while thrifting in Ohio:


I told Derek that I would wrap the gift, and that he was in charge of the card. I got a little nervous when he immediately started rummaging around in the trash, but there was no need to be worried - he was just salvaging an old Bi-Rite ice cream bag to make a tank top card for our gift (our message was written inside the tank). I thought the tank top really worked well thematically with the 80s feel of the rest of gift.



Incidentally, this is also how I found out that Derek has spent his entire life thinking that "tank tops" were actually spelled "tang tops."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is amazing!

I'm also one of those people who gets words wrong. Mostly in songs though

bex said...

Me too. Karaoke is always an enlightening time.