Wednesday, May 21, 2008

re: No Shame

Confession: I just bought a box of opened tampons at the thrift store. I don't think it is a big deal ... the box was opened, but all the tampons are individually wrapped, you know? It was an almost full box of 40, and totally my brand, for just $.69, so I really couldn't pass it up. There was really nothing wrong with them, so I like to think that some dude probably donated them after his girlfriend moved out and he found them under the sink or something.

But you know how some people get a little embarrassed just at the idea of buying tampons in the first place, even in a nice clean supermarket? Now think about buying an opened box of them in a thrift store. I guess I really do have no shame.

6 comments:

Danny said...

Shame is overrated.

Ems said...

I agree...especially when it comes to thrifty decisions, you win!

bex said...

em, if you ever need to borrow a tampon at my house, just let me know. i won't tell you where i bought/found them if it helps.

dw said...

did they really cost 69 cents?

bex said...

i know. just $.69. usually you might think that your lady bits would deserve the best money could buy ...

m-l-e said...

WOW