Tuesday, May 27, 2008

re: Passive Aggressive Piggies

I've been a reader of PassiveAgressiveNotes.com for awhile, and though I have come across my share of passive-agressive notes in the hallway of my apartment building and in the break area at work, none of the notes were much more creative than the overused "your mother doesn't work here" or "there is no such thing as the coffee fairy" type.

A few weeks ago at work, however, someone must have thought that those notes weren't doing the trick and decided that a visual would be more effective. We walked in to the break room one morning to find these subtley sitting in the middle of the table:



Is a picture really worth a thousand words? Perhaps. But I just had to wipe the counter clean of a massive coffee spill left untended before I made my oatmeal (as the piggies calmly looked on), so I'm not sure they are getting the point across.

(I thought it was so funny that I sent the picture in - Passive Agressive Notes posted my submission last week.)

4 comments:

The UnMighty said...

I thought this was hilarious, but a bunch of Jews that I work with were very put out by the idea of filthy animals (even statues) being placed on a eating surface. Just thought you should know before you offend any more Jews.

Tyler said...

Man. Deep cuts.

m-l-e said...

WOW!!!! I am buying some pigs just to be able to make this point so effectively in the future.

Alice said...

Awesome! That was you? I'm a fan of the site as well. I just read my husband the wet laundry/dryer incident with the infected baby clothes one. You should also check out http://www.overheardinnewyork.com/ if you don't know of it already.