Sunday, December 25, 2011

re: A Very Rainbow Christmas

Merry Christmas, everyone!

These are the Christmas cards we sent out this year:

(cover)

(interior)


The good news is that now that we've had this photoshoot, we may never have to take another picture again, since we can achieve an endless supply of cards with a few simple color combinations:





See?

The other good news is that our photo backdrops lived on this Christmas morning as the rainbow wrapping paper for all our gifts.


Merry Christmas, everyone. Hope your Christmas was just as colorful.

(and a huge thanks to Karen for the awesome photoshoot)

12 comments:

Bek said...

coolest christmas cards EVER!

m-l-e said...

go lakers! Love the card aND the christmas wrapping!!

Mindy said...

Thank you for the rainbow-rific card. I loved it! I hope you received many cards. :D Merry Christmas!

The House That Lars Built said...

are you kidding me?! Well done! this is awesome!

Human Bean said...

Your card was the talk of our holiday season. The only problem is, now that they've seen how awesome a Christmas card can be, our kids now know how super lame we are. Wee can't compete with that. Also, I love the idea of the solid colors gift wrap and I love the stamp tags even more! I must have one. Thanks for the Christmas cheer guys!

bex said...

thank you all! Netta - the stamp gift tag can be found at www.yellowowlworkshop.com, so that all future gift-giving may be properly labeled. I know how creative your family is - you guys don't even need a christmas card to prove it ; )

Alice said...

That is so funny! I am laughing so hard at this post. Yes your card stands out to everyone who visits:)

Marcia Van Camp said...

I loved the card so much I brought it to work to show friends and bring joy to all!

Tree Peeps said...

Wow! I love this photo shoot! You guys look FABULOUS.

GIRL DATING NYC said...

loved the cards. so freaking talented...no really, you are AMAZING. and a dude who does it with you? LUCKY.

Katie said...

Seriously, such a rad card! Loved it.

And a gift tag stamp?!?! Why didn't I think of that. I've been using the same crappy sheet of sticker stamps with cartoon snowmen on them for the last decade because I run out of gift wrapping steam by the time I get to the tags...

Janan said...

I would happily display any of those cards. So funny.